Subject: Re: Awesome news about the Raptor!
From: James Lloyd <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 1995 07:33:29 +30000

If this alliance results in the LW equivalent of a Reality Engine, for a 
desktop system in the $10K range, will you all quit whining?

I had lunch with an Alias rep who smuggly extolled the advantages that 
Alias and Wavefront had over LW, due to their recent aquisition by SGI. 
Good things come from a coordinated effort in engineering and 
programming... speed, innovation, etc...

Also... I'm no big Newtek fan.  Any agreement which gives someone 
(anyone) else at least partial control of the steering wheel is OK in my 
book.  Besides... they know which side of the bread is buttered:

Alpha: >1,000 units
Intel: <10,000 units

Newtek isn't going to corner the 3D market with this deal any more than 
the Flyer is going to help them take over the desktop video market.  But 
it's my guess that we'll see some pretty cool technology out of it.

_____________________________________________________________________________

                                James A. Lloyd
                              Magnet Interactive
                               3D Animator-type
_____________________________________________________________________________

                 "We can do that. We don't even need a reason."
_____________________________________________________________________________

--
James Lloyd <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]